Thursday, November 8, 2007

Buffalo Bros.

My friend, Lake, and I headed down to TCU's Restaurant Row last night to check out Buffalo Bros. We used the walk-up window and ordered a slice of pizza each from a very nice, very cute waitress. Lake got chicken and onion, and I picked meatball. After that, she offered another slice each for free (great marketing). He picked cheese, and I picked pepperoni.

Full disclosure time: My favorite pizza is Perrotti's, and I'm a sucker for doughy dough, including deep-dish. Lake's a die-hard Mama's fan. Now you know where we're coming from.

For the review, click the jump.

Me: The meatball pie was good stuff. It tasted like a gyro pizza. The crust had good texture and thickness. As for the pepperoni, it was nothing too special, except that it had a ton of pepperonis on top. And lots of grease.

Lake: Chicken and onion was spicy and good, but Lake likes his pizza a little flatter. He tossed the crust into the storm drain. After that, he tried the cheese and threw half of it into the trash.

The verdict: If you're hungry while you're hanging out at the Pub, and Fuzzy's is booked solid, check it out, but don't make a special trip across town. Each slice is $3, which is a little high for my tastes, especially when Joe's sells cheaper, better 'za by the slice just a couple blocks away.

The inside of the place looks like a nicer version of Texadelphia, the storefront's previous inhabitant. TV's are prominently placed, and there's a bar with several beers on tap. It looks like a fun place to hang out.

If anybody tries anything other than pizza, post it!

1 comment:

Carla said...

I'm dying to try their wings, and will probably do so this weekend. I will try to post.