Tuesday, October 2, 2007

For the soft drink snob in your life...

Do you stress out about wine pairing? Which wine would best accompany my grilled salmon this evening? Well, here's something else to stress about... I stopped in at a Burger King the other night, and this made me laugh: (feel free to click for more detail)


For those of you who are unsure about what goes well with that Sprite you were craving, you're in luck! Sprite goes well with BK Chicken Fries, a Tendercrisp, or The Angus. Actually, The Angus pairing is a little confusing to me... I always thought the fruitier soft drinks went with poultry and seafood, like white wine. Shows what I know about soft drink pairings...

Coke seems limited to just Whopper pairings... I thought it was more versatile than that! ...and raise your hand if you knew Burger King had a Veggie Burger (goes great with Diet Coke!). I learned that just by reading this handy dandy chart.

The most fascinating part is for the Dr. Pepper pairings. It turns out that Dr. Pepper is for gluttons! Who knew? It starts out with the Double Stacker and scales all the way up to the Quad Stacker.

Not only did they give me a soft drink pairing education, but I got a free FryPod too!

Thank you, Burger King, for amusing me during dinner... Gotta give you credit -- I can't remember the last time I found a fast food place so amusing...

No comments: