Friday, August 3, 2007

Foxy

At some point, someone on this blog asked about barber shops. I can't find the post, but I figured I'd make a plug for Fox's, a 1960s anachronism on Sandage and Berry. They weren't cheap ($14 with tip), and they weren't fast, but they were friendly, and they're all Horned Frogs fans.

Beyond that, it's probably the best haircut I've ever had. Instead of using a trimmer to even out my neck, he used a straight-blade razor and hot shaving cream. It was amazingly relaxing.

Fox's is located in the one of the only blocks from Bellaire to McCart that TCU doesn't own, and I'm a firm supporter in the owner's refusal to sell. If TCU had its way, all of southwest Fort Worth would be a perfect little neighborhood with no character (I almost cried when Perrotti's sold out).

Spend a little more money and check out Fox's. Sure, they don't have sports on every HDTV (or a TV at all, for that matter), but they have Texas country music, Horned Frogs flags and the personal service that you can't find at ProCuts.

Oh, and bring cash or your checkbook. They don't take plastic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've seen that place. I was the one who lamented the death of the barber shop, but I'm actually cutting out early today to get a trim at W. 7th Street Barber Shop.