Saturday, August 11, 2007

Restaurant Week!

In honor of my birthday, KRLD NewsRadio 1080 has Restaurant Week during August every year... Thanks KRLD, I'm honored beyond belief! Actually, Restaurant Week is a benefit for the North Texas Food Bank and the Lena Pope Home. The fact that it happens around my birthday every year is just a nice little bonus. (Restaurant week and Hatch chiles! August loves me!)

Here's the deal for those who haven't done this before. You make a Restaurant Week reservation at one of the participating restaurants (this ain't one of those "just show up places" like you're going to Applebees or something). For $35 per person, you get a 3 course meal (4 courses if you use the Central Market coupon). Now, $35 per can sound like a lot of money, but at some of these places, it's a bargain. And you get warm fuzzies for it too, because $7 of each dinner goes to one of the charities.

For my birthday last year, my wife and I made reservations at the Dallas Nobu location, and it was marvelous! They had the black cod with miso on their Restaurant week menu, and ladies and gentlemen, it is not just hype -- this dish is divinity on a plate!

I haven't decided where to go this year, but I'm leaning towards Dragonfly or Craft because I haven't tried either of those. Of course, there's also the possibility that I might be pulled back into the epicurean gravitational pull of Nobu once again...

The bulk of restaurant week happens August 13-19, with some restaurants extending through August 26 and September 2, so get on the KRLD site and make some reservations... It's a great way to visit an amazing restaurant or two while doing a good deed.

No comments: