Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Evil Eye: Matt Nathanson at the House of Blues

Matt Nathanson is coming to the House of Blues on Wednesday, October 24. Yes, this post may be a bit premature (it is over a month away, after all), but that just shows how excited I am about this concert. My ticket came in the mail last week, and I am pumped.

This will be the fourth time I've seen Matt. I saw him in March 2004 in Houston, in September 2006 at ACL Fest (that little gathering is coming up again, I hear), and in November 2006 at the now-defunct Gypsy Tea Room. He never disappoints. His shows are great not just because of his well-crafted melodies and lyrics, but also because he is hilarious. Seeing Matt Nathanson is like seeing a musical concert and a comedy show all in one.

So, go order your tickets to see him. It's worth the early excitement. Speaking of early excitement, I just saw that Nickel Creek will be at the House of Blues in mid-November...

2 comments:

Patrick said...

I actually live right by the HOB and for those of you who haven't made your way over yet, you are in for a treat. My only advice would be bring your wallet, because unfortunately drinks are not cheap.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Patrick is right. It's a good setup.