Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Modern Times: Out of the Past


If you're into good, old film noir like I am, you might want to head by the Modern tomorrow to see Out of the Past, part of the museum's American Cinema: Film Noir and the Detective Film series.

If you're not, hey, stay home. Or just rent it from Blockbuster.

The whole deal is "taught" by Dr. David E. Whillock, professor and Associate Dean of the College of Communications at TCU. I did not take any classes from him, so I cannot comment on whether or not he is interesting. However Out of the Past is my favorite of the film noir genre, and definitely worth checking out. Plus...

The 1984 film Against All Odds is a remake of Out of the Past. This means it is totally relevant and newsworthy for me to post this:


For our hipster friends, take two and and call me in the morning:



Out of the Past plays tomorrow at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth. The show starts at 6 p.m.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Phil Collins. I've got two ears and a heart...

Anonymous said...

Phil Collins has been on my mind grapes quite a bit lately, sadly enough!