Friday, September 28, 2007

Teddy Ruxpin: Does He Sleep With The Fishes?


When I was in college, my friend Brian's roommate was just about the messiest person I've ever seen. He was a very nice guy, but he was very, very messy.

He also liked a handful of bands that could only be classified as maybe lo-fi emo. Or homemade emo. Does any one have a legitimate term for this? Anyway, he was really into Fishboy. It was so... weird that Brian and I couldn't help but ...get into it? We became especially attached to a song called Teddy Ruxpin. He always got mad and insisted, "That's not even the best song!"

On some level, I'm afraid to admit I might sort of like Fishboy (which is essentially one guy named Eric Michener) and I think it's really funny, but, as music, it's...well, I'll post some stuff and let you be the judge. It is what it is, and if nothing else, it's definitely something that is in the world and exists.

Anyway, Fishboy and his marvelous band are playing an instore at Good Records on Nov. 13 at 7 p.m. It's a record release party to celebrate their new disc, Albatross. Videos after the jump:

Hey, it's something to do:



I watched this at work yesterday:


[Edit: Listening to some newer Fishboy tracks on Myspace.com proves that the band has seriosuly, seriously improved.]

No comments: