Sunday, September 30, 2007

Eating good in the neighborhood

My friend Jacob is a connoisseur of local, nonchain restaurants. He recently told me about Old Neighborhood Grill, located in what's being called SoDo, the area south of downtown. Old Neighborhood Grill, which opened in 1998, has the feel of a diner, and they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Jacob swears by their breakfast menu, and he claims you can get a full stomach for under $5. I went for lunch and had a great southwest grilled chicken sandwich, roasted apples and a drink for around $7.50.

Address
1633 Park Place Avenue (near the corner of Park Place and 8th avenues)
Fort Worth, TX 76110-1378

Hours
11 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday - Friday, 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday

Update
I've just been notified that SoDo is the area south of Seventh Street, making ONG part of Fort Worth South (per the organization's Web site).

3 comments:

Pete said...

SoDo is north of 30 in the area roughly south of 7th street, but south of "real" downtown.

Old Neighborhood Grill is in the Fairmount neighborhood, or the argument could be made that it's in Berkeley. Either way, that area in general is usually referred to "Fort Worth South," but smoe of us are lobbying for changing that to "Southie."

Anonymous said...

My mistake. I guess I'm not as up on downtown nomenclature as I thought. Thanks for the correx.

Unknown said...

No worries, come down more often, it's nice down here!