Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday round-up: Red, Wreck, The Office


So, the Wreck Room is closing. It's last day is Sunday. I guess that doesn't come as a surprise to anyone, since the place has been holding on by a thread since July.

Still, it was one of the few (arguably the only) smaller rock clubs in Fort Worth. I didn't spend too much time at the Wreck Room, but I always appreciated that it was there. Anyone have any particularly fond memories? A good photo of the place? I can't find one on the Web.

So, instead I submit to you Red Hunter, a Texas musician who records Holden Caufield-styled tunes under the name Peter & The Wolf. He has a new album out called The Ivori Palms. His last disc, Lightness, is a good, quiet CD.


As for tonight, Thursday is my TV watching night (as is every other day of the week), and I'm going to watch The Office. I thought the show started to get a little shaky with all the Pam and Jim "will-they-won't-they" episodes (I liked that show better when it was called Cheers), but nonetheless, I'd still rather watch ten so-so seasons of The Office than one season of Cavemen. I think also B.J. Novak is funny.



Peter & the Wolf video (directed by Bill Baird of the now-defunct Sound TEAM:


2 comments:

Patrick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patrick said...

Let us never bring up the defunct nature of SOUND Team again...because it brings tears to my eyes.

Peter&The Wolf was great at Wall of Sound Fest though. It should also be noted that he plays at The Cavern (Greenville Ave.)tonight and tickets are only $8!!!!!!!