Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Been under the weather...


But then again, haven't we all? Nice to see some sunshine in North Texas again.

So, I'm a book nerd. I read rock 'n' roll books, fiction, poetry, biography--you name it I read it. I also love the library. Of course, I owe the Fort Worth Public Library $10 for the copy of Love is a Mixtape I borrowed and neglected to return for, let's say, a while.

Well, now I perhaps can be truant and get books! The Startlegram had a good article about this last week I've been meaning to post.


Starting Aug. 1, Fort Worth residents with a library card can download audiobooks from the library Web site, said Deborah Duke, collection management administrator at the Fort Worth Public Library.

"Libraries are starting to do this," Duke said. "It's one of the ways to reach people. Audiobooks have long been one of our more popular formats.

"This is a logical progression."

Some critics say this type of new service doesn't help the millions of Americans who don't have computers, MP3 players and other devices that can download and store the information.

But in an era in which technology and convenience rule, librarians nationwide say this is the wave of the future.

And it might draw the interest of those who have never visited a library.

1 comment:

KZ said...

will there be a fee for these audiobook downloads? you can't exactly return those.