Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Who'd a thunk?

Well, if no one else is going to rave about the new White Stripes CD, I sure as hell will.

Icky Thump is the best record of the Stripes' year, and for what I'm concerned, it's the best record in their career as well. Yes, they've dumped off much of the old, strummy trappings. This is just a raw, loud, pounding record.

But it's rock with a brain, and not a pretentious one, either. Many of these songs have their roots in Celtic balladry, real country music, and a little garage rock as well.

So, how does this apply to the Fort Worthian? Well, they're going to be at ACL Festival. So, there's my hook. thjavascript:void(0)
Publish Postey'll probably play here directly before that. Actually, I'll keep my eye out for when that show happens and I'll post it right here!

Either way, go buy the White Stripes CD.


1 comment:

Patrick said...

Certainly stronger than their last effort. The same could be said for the new Ryan Adams album as well, better than all 3 of last years releases.