Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Belated Congrats...

A belated congrats to Fort Worth chef Tim Love for his victory on Iron Chef America... I was concerned when I saw that he was battling Morimoto, but my concern was eased when I saw that the theme ingredient was peppers... Lots and lots of hot peppers, yum...

Some notable moments from the episode:

  • Tim Love and his crew doing not one, not two, but three shots in the first 30 minutes of the competition.
  • Morimoto gagging after tasting a jalapeno, and then sweating profusely for the next ten minutes.
  • Tim Love burning a judges mouth during tasting.
Chef Love made a beautiful looking Camp Bread during the episode, and I got to poking around online and found it. I've made it twice now, once on a griddle on my stovetop and once on a grill, and it turned out fantastic both times. It's pretty easy, so here you go:
http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/grilled-camp-bread

According to the Star-Telegram, Chef Love will be recreating some of his Iron Chef dishes soon for a tasting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your knowledge of the food world is the sorely missing ingredient. Glad to have you on board!

Dave Brower said...

the when and where of that tasting must be known.

I love food...