Thursday, May 31, 2007

Blue Plate Specials @ Spiral, 4eva 4life.


I'm hoping to have a booth named after me at Spiral Diner--everybody's favorite vegan eatery in the tri-state area. (?) I'm there ferreting away food far too often. Or, depending on perspective, just the right amount.

So, in case you didn't know, the current Blue Plate Specials at Spiral have enjoyed an extended stay on the menu. Note: the pasta salad is to die for.

Lifted from the menu itself, for your delectation:

Crispy Spring Wrap
An organic flour tortilla stuffed with marinated and breaded Crispy Seitan, fresh Organic Carrots, Cucumbers, Red Bell Peppers, Sliced Red Onion, and Lettuce topped off with our homemade Agave Mustard Dressing. Served with a side of creamy Spiral Pasta Salad.

Spiral Pasta Salad a-la-carte

A homemade taste delight. Organic pasta in a creamy dressing with fresh herbs (basil, mint, parsley), Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped Olives, and diced Red Bell Peppers.

The Rahr Stormcloud beer is pretty tasty, too, if you're in the market for local brew.

It's a 25-minute bike ride from my house. And so, so worth it.

Visit Spiral's website for a full menu and gentle vegan persuasion.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never been, and oh, I so plan on going.

Unknown said...

I love me some Spiral Diner.

Steve said...

The pasta primavera is amazing... Also love the Viva Los Migas...

Oh, if they have the cranberry oat cookies out, you gotta get one of those...

Plus they have a Tetris machine, though I miss Galaga...