Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Modern Times: The Lonesome Utrillo


If you're not snoring yourself awake at a wedding behind the Pine Curtain this weekend, stop by the The Modern and check out The Lonesome Utrillo.

I don't know much about this, except that it's a semi-local, semi-short film that combines plenty of fun animation styles. And hey, you can hang out for Offsides, the regular feature on Friday, which looks like Bend It Like Beckham in Iran!




The Lonesome Utrillo is playing at the Modern Friday at 7:30 p.m. Offsides will be playing at 6 and 8:15 p.m. Friday, Saturday at 5 p.m. and Sunday 2 and 4 p.m. as part of the Magnolia at The Modern series.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ooooh... delightful

KZ said...

I don't know if anyone else caught the Hiroshi Sugimoto show while it was at the Modern, but he has some really cool photographs. The seascapes and theaters were my particular favorites.

Anonymous said...

I didn't see that, but I heard it was beautiful. I'm going to set us up with a press account with the Modern, so maybe we can get some of those photos on the site.