Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Pub in Dub


Brian has a very interesting post below me that is worth checking out. So, as a supplement to him, I found this article on Dallas News about the proposed rising cost of riding the T. You can read the full article here, but here's the gist:

As a result, the agency has scheduled a series of public hearings Tuesday on a proposed increase that will bump fares in Tarrant County by 25 cents for a one-way ride, 50 cents for a day pass and $10 for a monthly pass.

OK< so we're already a day late, but it's not like you were planning to go anyway. But Fort Worth is in a pinch over this, to be sure. I for one, drive thirty minutes to work, the evidence of a shrinking media business. So, in short, what's the future here? I know that a good portion of Capitol Metro is free, I'm guessing that's because it's coming from tax revenue?

No comments: