Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Jandek in Dub

OK, I really like Steve's post below, so I'm jumping this after the first graf. Plus, isn't that more mysterious?

If you don't know who Jandek is, he's this super-mysterious outsider-art songwriter who is supposedly form Houston. Kurt Cobain and of course, Sonic Youth, were pretty big fans, and even though I amn't too much into his music, the mystery is fascinating.

There's a DVD about it called Jandek on Corwood, but I haven't seen it. OK, to the news: The mysterious Jandek, who was a secret for twenty-plus years and only started playing concert about two years ago has apparently scheduled a show in Fort Worth at Rose Marine Theatre on July 21.

This place is on Northside, and I've never been there. Anyone know anything about it? Also, the show's on Pollstar.com, but not on the Rose Web site.

Here's a Jandek video from his first performance in Glasgow, 2004. Or at least it's a representative from Corwood industries:



2 comments:

Steve said...

Oh yeah! I remember hearing about this guy... He's supposedly got legions of fans over in Europe...

Anonymous said...

Seems kind of symptomatic of Europeans, really. The weirdest stuff seems the most American to them...There were some BIG lines to go see this guy at SXSW, but I opted for Ghostland Observatory...