Monday, June 18, 2007

Modern Times: Ron Mueck

On June 24, Ron Mueck brings his kind-of-creepy-but-kind-of-cool sculptures to the Modern here in Fort Worth.

Don't know much about the guy, which shows my lack of knowledge about modern art (it does make me want to rock out, though), however, this looks pretty neat. And isn't the Modern free on Wednesdays?

Hey, cool! I like art, but only free art. If you know something more knowledgeable about this guy, post a comment and let me know! And did anyone see Pretty Baby? I kind of wanted to, I think... part of me expected that a Vanessa Carlton song was playing through the whole exhibit.

The FW Weekly said it may be one of the biggest events to come to the Modern, and hey, I'd like to go see it. Nothing beats junkie chic, sculpture?

Photo after the jump.



4 comments:

Carla said...

Is this that guy who did the tiny little woman? She's my favorite thing in the modern. His sculptures are nuts, if it is the same guy; I saw a book of his stuff and one of his larger-than-life-size-but-still-realistic sculptures of a woman giving birth made me feel ill. I really want to see this exhibit!

The Modern is free the first Sunday of every month and every Wednesday (she said, looking it up on the website--and yes, it is the same guy! Daaang!)

Unknown said...

yeah, that shit is nervous. I'm definitely going to see this wack ass stuff.

Anonymous said...

This blog is everything I wanted "Kingpin of Cowtown" to be. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Patrick, we do what we can. And honestly, I can almost promise you no bowling will ever be featured on this page unless absolutely unavoidable. Or I go bowling. But I'll never bowl with a celebrity. Unless I really have to.