Monday, June 25, 2007

So, it goes.

Happy Monday morning!

Anyone go to the Fort Worth Weekly Awards? It looked like some good stuff, I just couldn't make it down.

Was having lunch with my friend and FW Weekly nominee, Drue Webber. Drue's looking to start a White Stripes styled blues band. Sounds like good stuff.

Oh, well, just a post to get the morning started right, so, last question: Are there any barbers left in the world? Like where you sit in the chair an a man that looks like Max Fisher's dad cuts your hair? I wish there were, and I wish they were in Fort Worth.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you serious? 7th Street Barber Shop???

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of this place. Do you want to write for us, man?

KZ said...

I made it out to the FW Weekly Music Awards. It was a pretty good time for sure. I was surprised at how wide a variety of music that was showcased. I even made it out to McDavid's Studio to visit your roommate, Darren.

Anonymous said...

That's sweet. I bet he was pretty busy! Man, I wish I would have gone...

Unknown said...

i bet you had a chili bowl haircut when you were 8 like on those bluebell commercials.

Anonymous said...

Darren, You are the third person who has suggested that to me. I have been mulling the idea over for a couple of weeks now, but never moved on it because you seemed pretty staffed up.

I do reccomend 7th Street Barber Shop though, they have a great story with pictures about how the tornado completely demolished their business a few years ago and they rebuilt from scratch. Great haircuts, cash only, they shave your neck with a straight razor, a real classic place.

Obvioulsy located on 7th St., just East of University.

Steve said...

Patrick: Always room for one more...